What documents should I keep with me at time of rental?
You will need as a Renter to carry the following documents with you, at time of rental:
- A valid driver’s license for more than one year (local or international)
- Proof of sufficient funds available via Credit Card
- Another form of identification (Government ID, passport or health insurance cards etc.)
- Proof of insurance, in case you’re not listed in one of our own provided insurance policies.
How are rates calculated?
The rates are based on a 24 hour rental day starting with the hour you pick up the vehicle.
Does the amount included on my reservation represent the final rental charges?
No, it does not. This amount is just a base rate which is the total cost of rental not including the taxes, fees, surcharges, mandatory coverages, mileage (if applicable) and optional items (child seats, navigational systems, additional driver, coverages, etc.).
Will I be charged if I’m late to return the vehicle on time agreed upon on rental agreement?
Yes, you will. If you exceed the rental period by more than one hour, a per-hour late charge will be applied for each hour the vehicle is late, and depending on the vehicle may result in an additional full day rental charge. The case applies to excess mileage as well.
Can I get my car delivered to me at my location?
This depends on the type of vehicle & your appropriate location. If a delivery does occur, Luxury Plus holds the right to place additional charges for delivery.
What cards do you accept as payment methods?
We accept cash, traveler’s checks, company and personal checks as well as credit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies – such as American Express, Diners, MasterCard and Visa.
Can I use my Debit Card to make a reservation?
Debit cards, check cards, and prepaid or stored value cards may not be used to make a reservation or open a rental agreement. Such cards may only be used to pay for your rental charges once the car is returned.
How old do I have to be to rent a car from Luxury plus?
The renter should be at least 25 years old. However, there are a few areas in which those under 25 have the opportunity to rent. For instance, Luxury Plus will rent to government renters under the age of 21 who are on official business.
How can I cancel a reservation & will I be charged in case of cancellation?
Contact us via email or directly and receive a cancellation confirmation.
There is no charge for cancellations received more than 48 hours before the reserved rental time. However, if received less than 48 hours, one full day rental charge plus all applicable taxes may be charged.
What is the policy on smoking in a Luxury Plus rental car?
We have a no-smoking policy for all our rentals. Any violation of this policy will result in additional charges.
- Why is Luxury Plus following a non-smoking policy?
Tobacco smoke penetrates the interior of a vehicle and leaves behind an unpleasant and sometimes irritating odor. That’s why, this is to make sure you always get a comfortable & fully enjoyable experience.
- What steps can I take to make certain I am not charged with an additional cleaning fee?
The easiest way to prevent an additional cleaning fee is to avoid smoking while in the vehicle. The customer should thoroughly inspect the vehicle both upon renting and returning the vehicle and inform us of any questions or concerns before leaving the rental facility.
Apart from the rental rates, what other costs should I be aware of?
Upon request, you will pay Luxury Plus all incurred additional charges (other than the weekly, daily or hourly rental charges agreed upon), which include but are not limited to: mileage charges; additional equipment charges; loss, damage, repair costs; supplemental insurance; accidental death/medical coverage; refueling charges; airport surcharges; additional driver fees; miscellaneous charges if applicable (local sales taxes, tariffs …)
Is a security deposit required upon rental?
Yes, the renter is obligated to deposit the amount specific to each rental vehicle for security purposes during the rental period. The amount will be returned in full to the customer post the rental period, on the condition that Luxury Plus is not liable to pay traffic fines or for any accident associated issues caused by the customer.
What happens if the car is damaged, stolen, or in an accident?
If the car is stolen or has been involved in an accident, first call the local police or appropriate law enforcement agency. Next, call Luxury Plus office & give us your rental agreement or confirmation number and explain what has happened. If it’s after work hours, we will provide you with an emergency number to contact us. You’ll be led through the procedure to get you going again. Finally, call your own auto insurance company. Make sure to be informed about our policies before you drive away.
Accidents and theft can happen even to the most careful driver. Our optional protection packages (as outlined in our Terms & Conditions) can be purchased to reduce or eliminate your financial exposure.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with all of the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and prohibited acts under which the insurance coverage is rendered ineffective.
What kind of protection or safety issues should I consider while driving a rental?
Safety on the roads is very important. To protect the Vehicle, especially if you are in a new unfamiliar city, you may consider the following tips:
- Close all windows, lock all doors and arm the Vehicle’s security system before leaving the Vehicle for any length of time, no matter how brief.
- Park the Vehicle only in areas that are safe and secure.
- Keep the Vehicle ignition key in your possession at all times.
- Do not leave the Vehicle ignition key in the ignition, interior door, or trunk when the Vehicle is not in use.
- Do not give the Vehicle ignition key to any parking valet attendant or other person who is not an authorized driver.
- Do not make a copy of the Vehicle’s ignition key.
- Park the Vehicle in a secure parking structure, garage, driveway, hotel parking lot or other secure parking lot and not park the Vehicle overnight on the street.
- Do not leave personal effects (e.g., cameras, camcorders, gifts) or valuables in the Vehicle so they are visible to the outside while the Vehicle is unoccupied or unattended.